Thursday, December 07, 2006

Congratulations, Sue!

One of our founding editors, longtime Contributing and Advisory Editor Susan Fellows, has retired from her teaching position at CSUSM. We are so proud of all that she has achieved, and most importantly, all the lives she has touched. It was clear this evening that she has touched many lives.

They are countless.

We hope you will join us in toasting Sue, and wishing her all the best as she enjoys her retirement ... which we intend to fill with Perigee Perigee Perigee!

Congratulations, Sue!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

During my first semester at Cal State San Marcos, I was asked what I thought of Dr. Fellows. I replied, "I like her brand of insanity."

Having been able to sit with Sue Fellows every semester of my Junior and Senior years, I still declare that insanity rages within her, for the following reasons:

It's insane to expect a student to participate in his or her own learning.

It's insane to make students read in order to become better writers, and write to better understand what they read.

It's insane to have a passion for discussing the works of those who write at the fringe, alongside those who comprise the canon.

It's insane to to be a professor and actually profess something.

Sue, I love your brand of insanity. You encourage me with your example, your passion inspires me, and you have taught me a good deal about REAL writing.

Thank you.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home