Thursday, October 05, 2006

Issue 14 Contributors

Our fourteenth issue will include the following contributors:

Sandy Beach, for "Desperation Fandango"
Benjamin Chambers, for "Been on the Job Too Long"
Todd Christopher Cincala, for "iPod"
G. E. Coburn, for "Linenage"
Kathryn Evers, for assorted visual art work
Jeannine Hall Gailey, for "Persephone, on the Edge"
Kevin P Keating, for "The Deer Park"
Mindi Kirchner, for "Making Snow Angels"
Lawrence Lawson, for "Living Quietly"
Harriet O Leach, for "Front Porch Frolic" and "Friday Night Chores"
Pete Lee, for "War"
Sarah Lou Palma, for "To Eros Transcending" and "To the Fighting Fish"
Arlene Sanders, for "High in a Hot Blue Sky"
Wanda Waterman St. Louis, for "A Study in the Use of the Idealized Image as a Pseudo-Resolution of Neurotic Conflicts"
Davide Trame, for "Recurring" and "Call for It"

The issue is due out on Sunday the 15th. The contributors have been invited to comment here, introduce themselves, or perhaps discuss the work which we've chosen to publish (check COMMENTS, below). This is their opportunity to submit biographical statements as well.

6 Comments:

Blogger KEVIN P. KEATING said...

"The Deer Park" is a story that I wrote over a year ago, but finding a publisher for the piece has proven to be quite difficult.

I submitted the story to several magazines in the past. Invariably the editors would write back, claiming to have enjoyed the story but adding that they felt it was simply too "disgusting" or "disturbing" for a general audience.

I confess that the ending is a bit gruesome, but I also feel that the story needs a sense of cosmic retribution. I wasn't necessarily going for realism here, and maybe this explains why I giggled as I wrote the final passage.

My fiction and essays have appeared in a number of places, including Exquisite Corpse, Identity Theory, Double Dare Press, Fiction Warehouse, Spillway Review, Tattoo Highway, and many others. I currently teach English at Baldwin-Wallace College near Cleveland, Ohio.

I invite Perigee readers to view my work at
kevinpkeating.blogspot.com

7:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read.

"SARAH LOU PALMA lives, works, and writes in New York City. This is her first publication."

Thank you, Perigee.

2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thanks to the editors for selecting "Linenage" to be part of another great issue. I hope Perigee's readers also find something worthwhile in the piece.

2:30 PM  
Blogger L Lawson said...

I'm glad to be back with Perigee on their latest issue. This newest piece looks at the unmonumental. Just the every day. What the majority of my time here is.

LL

p.s.
http://llawsonwrites.blogspot.com/

Sunday updates of prose.

3:39 AM  
Blogger StillBenjamin said...

Years ago, a friend of mine was at a club with his girlfriend, her roommate, and the roommate's boyfriend. The boyfriend was taken to jail for fighting and my friend ended up putting up the $100 to bail him out. When it came time to get his money back, he took me along; I'm not sure why, since the boyfriend was violent and a skinhead to boot, and I'm not at all intimidating. "Been on the Job too Long" grew out of that experience.

A former fiction editor at The Chicago Review, I’ve had stories appear in ZYZZYVA, MANOA, The Mississippi Review, William & Mary Review, American Foreign Service Journal, Portland Review, online at Word Riot, and several other journals. I’m the founding editor of The King’s English, at www.thekingsenglish.org, an online journal that specializes in novella-length fiction. It won the Million Writers Award in 2005 and 2006 for being the Best Publisher of Novella-Length Fiction.

11:02 AM  
Blogger Jeannine said...

"Persephone on the Edge" was inspired when I found out that blood oranges orginated in Sicily, which was one of the places the mythical character Persephone supposedly lived. Blood oranges were so evocotive of violence, for me, that the poem turned into a study of a woman in a violent marriage.
Thanks to Perigee and its editors. Hope you enjoy!
Jeannine Hall Gailey
www.webbish6.com/poetry.htm

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home