Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Issue 13 Contributors

Our thirteenth issue will include the following contributors:

Rachelle Marie Acker, for "The Things I Forget. The Things I Remember" and "The Silence of Roses"
Uma Asopa, for "Talking to my Son"
Andrea Blythe, for "The Lost One" and "All She Wants is a Pair of Scissors"
T. Phillip Cantrell, for "The Dark Arteries" and "Tall Grass"
Gwendolyn Cash, for "Choosing Berries and Onions" and "Underworld"
Michael L Conley, for "Boy Interrupted"
Durenda, for "You Promised Letters" and "Neptune Can't Save You Either" and "Summer Appetite"
Kitty Evers, for "Soft Stone" and "Gifts"
J.S. Fourmy, for "Sweetness" and "A Green Sestina"
Lisa Galloway, for "Fireflies" and "She Was a Chagall"
B.J. Hollars, for "Cocktail Napkins Weren't Necessary Any Longer"
Susan Landon, for "Grinding Corn" and "Egyptian Hospitality"
Lawrence Lawson, for "A Convergence of Angles"
Christopher Middleman, for "Blue Trains"
Emily Parkhurst, for "The Va Va Voom"
Susan Reese, for "First Post-Mastectomy Appointment"
Casey Walsh, for "Orange Line"

The issue is due out this Saturday, the 15th. The contributors have been invited to comment here, introduce themselves, or perhaps discuss the work which we've chosen to publish (check COMMENTS, below).

4 Comments:

Blogger L Lawson said...

Lawrence Lawson here. Figured I'd come up and use the space for rambling that Perigee's alloted.

My third piece on my Peace Corps experience--A Convergence of Angles--is to try to show more of what I'm seeing here. I feel like my last two pieces have been more of a reaction to things rather than giving a picture--clear or otherwise--of what I'm seeing here. I hope you can get some sense of what's going on in this beautiful, awkward, growing country.

For me, it's harder to write non-fiction than short stories. It is especially difficult to plug so much of what's going on here in our lives into one quarterly installment. Thirty-five hundred words to sum up three months of life here which, usually, feels like three years never seems enough. [Then, on the editing round, it seems too much; go figure.]

It's a difficult task. I hope you enjoy the product.

12:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank Perigee for selecting "Blue Trains," which is the second poem of mine to appear in their pages. I'd also like to give a 'hey' to my fellow contributors.

I'd love to read anyone's impressions or criticisms.

Chris Middleman

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the great issue. I'm proud to be among so many solid writers. My story was partially inspired by Tom Perrota's Little Children and Ron Carlson's Towel Season. The idea of the quiet mishaps of suburbia always makes me smile.

9:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been having computer trouble lately, so I've been having difficulty getting online.

Both of these peoms are interesting to me, because they are both responses to other works.

"The Lost One" was written in response to a photgraph I saw once, this amazing picture of a man standing in front of a lighthouse with a strom wave breaking as tall as the house behind him. I couldn't help but wonder what happened to him.

"All She Wants is a Pair of Scissors" is in response to the poem "Nothing in the Drawer" by Ron Padgett (and it really should have a dedication to him at the begining). I love him as a poet because he has a great sense of humor and play. I mean who comes up with the idea to write a poem, fourteen lines, all of which say, "Nothing in that drawer." Ron did, so "All she wants is a pair of Scissors" was how I though he might have come up with the idea.

By the way, if anyone would like to know more about my and my writing, please read my journal, Joyful Girl.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home