Thursday, April 06, 2006

Naysayers

It has recently come to the attention of this editor that a few literary types dismissed Perigee when I founded the publication three years ago. What's more troubling is that these same people were employed with my literary tutelage. Juvenile, they called Perigee; we'll see how long that lasts, they said. Of course they said all of this behind my back.

Well, we're alive and doing well three years later. And those same naysayers (who've never bothered to take in even a single issue of Perigee, they admit) are still plugging along--doing whatever it is naysayers do. Naysaying, probably.

Isn't part of our job as artists and writers to help proliferate the arts? To support them not through criticism but through activism? I think yes. I think definitely. So I challenge the naysayers to put something new into the world--something other than pessimism, there's a surplus of that. Oh, and why not read our next issue?

(R J Woerheide, Editor)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home