Tuesday, February 28, 2006

False Starts

I'm writing a piece for The Nation. I can't say much about it (that would be giving it away), but my hope is that it will be the best thing they've ever read. They'll have to publish it, send a handsome check my way, and invite me to be the newest permanent member of their staff. Before you know it I'll be taking on O'Reilly.

Yeah. Eh-hem.

In reality, I've been dicking around (can I say that?) with the article for days now and I feel like a second grader trying to get the cursive alphabet right. Incompetent, in other words. Which makes me wonder: Do you feel this way? Let's commiserate. Tell me what false starts you're struggling with these days and I'll elaborate on mine. Maybe we can help each other.

R J Woerheide
Editor in Chief

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sue, Spell check catches "considered". And cleaning toilets is a ritual that comes between creative word-ing and boring writing. Books can result, or poems or letters to sick friends. 300 words fly by. RRM

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home